There’s no doubt in my mind that internet ad spend continues to see phenomenal growth. But how much is search really growing? Or digital? Or mobile? If you get into the fine print, it becomes clear that answers to this aren’t clear at all.
Want to see what you were tweeting about 5 years ago? Check out OldTweets, a search engine for the first year of Tweets that hit the internet.
Did Google’s Search Results Get Better Or Worse?
Google’s latest search algorithm change designed to fight spam and improve its search results went live yesterday. Plenty of people are seeing its impact already. Better or worse? It’s easy to find some examples of things being bad; it’s hard to say overall if there’s been a net improvement or not.
Danny Sullivan was graciously the trial run for the first attempt at this regular series produced by SLCSEM.org - Utah’s Professional Association of Search & Digital Marketers. The format is an informal Q&A with keynote speakers visiting Utah and speaking to a crowd of #SLCSEM SEO’s, brand marketers and search advertising professionals.
The sound goes in & out a little (fixing audio for next event), so we’ve included the questions in slides within the video & below for reference.
Questions asked in this video:
1. What is your favorite word or acronym in Search Marketing today?
2. What is your LEAST favorite word or acronym in Search Marketing?
3. What aspects of Search & Social turn you on?
4. What about search & social media turn you off?
5. What is your favorite search feature or tool — past or present?
6. What search feature do you hate the most?
7. What is your favorite search term or keyword query to test algo changes with?
8. If you weren’t doing this for a profession, what other profession would you most like to do?
9. What SEO/SEM activity would you NOT want to do?
10. If heaven exists & Steve Jobs is there, what do you want to hear him say if you see him there?
Interview by: Elisabeth Osmeloski (@ElisabethOs), President of SLCSEM.org, also Executive Features Editor of Search Engine Land.