← Newer • Older →
Page 1 of 2
According to a report from GlobalWebIndexOne, Pinterest may have dominated U.S. Growth in 2012, but Twitter had the largest global growth.
Even the White House can’t escape the Pinterest hype. On Saturday the White House officially joined Pinterest, and did so in fashion. Upon joining the ranks of the lay-pinners, the White House announced the “White House Social” on December 17th to kick-off their Pinterest presence.
Nielsen’s 2012 Social Media Report is out and the big winner is (drum roll please)… Pinterest. With a 1,047% increase in unique PC visitors, the platform is aiming to surpass LinkedIn this year.
- 17 out of 24 sites (71%) have more female than male users.
- Most male-dominated site? Slashdot then Hacker News and Stack Overflow.
- Most female-dominated site? Pinterest then Goodreads and Blogger.
- Facebook and Twitter have the same gender distribution: 40% male, 60% female.
- The only sites in this survey with more male than female users are Quora, Reddit, Orkut, Github, Stack Overflow, Hacker News and Slashdot.
Wonder where Google+ falls - any guesses?