“ Touch ID is to the 5S what Siri was to the 4S: a kind of “wow” feature that helps differentiate it from other smartphones.”
Google’s Mobile Search Revenue Forecasted To Top 30 Percent, Desktop To Fall To 43 Percent By 2015.
Search Engine Land’s Danny Sullivan was featured in HubSpot’s impressive “History of SEO" slideshow on Slideshare earlier this week.
Going back in time to the dawn of modern search engines & SEO, Hubspot captured many of the search industry’s biggest moments to date!
We’ve seen a lot of changes over the years - and that includes Danny Sullivan’s shift to SearchEngineLand.com in 2006 and the launch of a new online marketing conference series, Search Marketing Expo.
Here are some highlights from the “History of SEO” timeline by Hubspot that we’ve covered on Search Engine Land since then:
- 2002 - Googlebombing is born; major “link bombs" continue to occur…
- 2006/2007- BMW banned for cloaking - Yet Another Debate About Cloaking Happens Again
- 2007 - Major Search Engines Unite & Embrace XML Sitemaps
- 2008 - Google Suggest Launches
- 2009 - Google Caffeine: Google’s New Search Engine Index Launches
- 2009 - Google’s Vince Update Produces Big Brand Rankings; Google Calls It A Trust “Change”
- 2010 - Decor My Eyes makes headlines in NYTimes, Google’s “Gold Standard” Search Results Take Big Hit
- 2010 - Google & Bing Confirm Social Signals Influence Search
- 2011 - JCPenney Caught in Link Scheme That Caused Google Rankings To Plummet
- 2011 - Panda Update first spotted, targeting Content Farms; Ongoing list of of Google Panda Updates here.
- 2011- The era of “Not Provided” begins - Google To Begin Encrypting Searches & Outbound Clicks By Default With SSL Search
- 2012- Google Launches “Penguin Update” Targeting Webspam In Search Results: Ongoing list of Google Penguin Updates here.
- 2012 - Google Launches Disavow Tool